Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Childhood


"There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer and the morning more fragrant than ever again." ~ Elizabeth Lawrence
Is there anything more exhilerating than being a child? The freedom of absolute innocence and the beauty of pure, untainted joy creates an elixir that we as adults search for the rest of our lives. We look in love, in money, in religion and friends. To find it though, we need only to look at the face of a child.
When I see the momentous amount of life in my daughter's face, my own life is made better. When I see her joy, my own joy is, finally, complete. Her innocence and love and purity give my life purpose and peace. I find in her petite smile and rosy cheeks a perfect sense of what life is all about. It's about her. My life is about her. And in realizing this, my life is made complete and that for which we all search is found.


1 comments:

Jess said...

I needed to read something like this today. Thank you!