Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Time Draws Near


I am thirty-eight and a half weeks pregnant now. The time of delivery is drawing near and I am so excited! I am looking forward to this birth more than any other. Partly because we're giving birth at home which is how I've always wanted to deliver my babies. Partly because we don't know the sex of the baby and I can't wait to look down and see if I have a son or a daughter. Mostly because I am such a different person now than at any other time I have given birth. For the first time I feel like I am going into this birth experience with wisdom. I know my stuff! I know my body and more importantly, I TRUST my body. This pregnancy has been quite the journey for me.
Each new day brings promise, each new child brings hope. It is hope I will cling to as I embrace the world around me and my true self.


0 comments: